Goodfellows of Lee County Newspaper Article from 1951

History


Goodfellows first started in Dixon in 1912 under the sponsorship of the Dixon Telegraph. 1912 was the first year Goodfellows was mentioned in the Dixon Telegraph newspaper. In the late 30's Hal Roberts and George Shaw pooled their money to provide gifts and food for needy families at Christmas. When families asked who provided the gifts, they were told a couple of good fellows.